Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I should be reading a psychology textbook....

I decided to re-make a blog instead of studying for exams (I've imported posts from a blog I deleted). I'm a sophomore psychology major and a self-professed geek. I'm thinking about law school or graduate school for a PhD in psychology. I'm in love with behavioral psychology right now. The idea of becoming a behavior analyst is appealing at the moment. I'd also love to write novels or screenplays for TV shows. It seems like it would be like writing fanfic for a living! Jane Espenson (blog: http://www.janeespenson.com/), writer for Warehouse 13, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Battlestar Galactica and Dollhouse, is a model of mine right now. Unfortunately, I am not eloquent. :(

I'm considering hosting a CSTS (Can't Stop the Serenity- http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com/about/history-2/) event in September at my university. It would involve a screening of Serenity and lots of yummy snacks and discussion with a suggested donation amount. I figured no one would come if I made a ticket price. I'll donate cash regardless of whether I set it up. Among other things, I'd need permission from the university to use a venue, permission from FOX for a public showing and I'd need to register with CSTS. It would take some work, but if I can drum up some interest around here I think it would be fun and it is a great cause. The money generated by CSTS events goes to Equality Now (http://www.equalitynow.org/english/about/about_en.html) which is a group dedicated to women's rights around the world. Joss Whedon, the writer of Serenity, is a big supporter.


I feel a little bit pathetic making a blog, but too bad, we all have needs I guess :p

No comments:

Post a Comment