Sunday, March 27, 2011

Celebrities and Eating Disorders

Oddly, before this most recent relapse, I couldn't have cared less about celebrities. However, this time around I've gotten interested in a few actresses whose talent and bodies I envy. I would die for their bodies. I do not mean that literally at the moment. However, there was a point in my life where I would have rather died thin than lived as disgusting as I am now. I adore celebrities who are talented and beautiful but don't have bones sticking out everywhere. For instance, Miracle Laurie from Dollhouse or Amber Benson from Buffy (at least when she was on the show). Then there are those whose ribs jut out when they wear tight clothes. Eliza Dushku is thin, not emaciated, but most likely underweight (I can see chest bones and ribs- watch dollhouse or search google images *note* I am not accusing her or anyone of having and eating disorder). I noticed the other day that she follows the "Team True Beauty." I wonder if anyone in L.A. actually believes that inner beauty counts for much or if it is a PR or a feel-good thing. Clearly, one's looks are paramount in the acting business. I'd like to hear what she (Eliza) thinks about it. Also, how can pretty people say anything about inner-beauty? I'm not saying pretty people are not good or nice people or that they don't have to work for what they get. If you're beautiful but you are impossible to be around or you aren't good at something, beauty alone won't create success. I'm saying they haven't had to rely solely on their "inner-beauty" showing through.

Do you think celebrities really mean it when they say things about inner beauty or support ed recovery things, etc?

Additionally, psychological research has shown that physical appearance does affect people.

http://www.jyi.org/volumes/volume6/issue6/features/feng.html

No comments:

Post a Comment